More info on yacht charters
What days of the week can I book a yacht charter?
Our services are available seven days a week. Please contact us for pricing and availability.
How much does a yacht charter cost?
Pricing is based on departure location and guest count. We are completely transparent with our pricing online.
Where can we charter a boat from?
We offer yacht charters from Marina del Rey, Redondo Beach, Long Beach, San Pedro, Ventura, Newport Beach, and more.
What kind of wildlife can we see?
Depending on the time of year it is possible to see humpback whales, blue whales (summer to fall), gray whales (winter to spring), minke whales, bottlenose Dolphins, seals, sea lions, pelicans, and more.
Can I decorate the yacht?
Guests are welcome to decorate the boats, as long as no damage is incurred with the decorations. Not all vessels are able to accommodate advance boarding for decorating, be sure to check.
Where will my yacht charter go?
All charters are based on customers wishes and their location departure.
Are children included in the guest count?
Yes, children and babies are always included in the guest counts. Please note that under California law, every child 13 years of age or younger on a moving recreational vessel of any length must be wearing a life jacket.
What type of clothing should I wear on a yacht charter?
Dress comfortably. Layers are advised as it can be windier and colder on the water than on land. Don´t forget your sunscreen and sunglasses.
How soon in advance do I need to book a yacht charter?
Our bookings are based on a first come first serve basis. To make sure your prefered date and time is available it's best to confirm the date and time as soon as possible.
Can I bring food and beverage aboard?
Guests are welcome to bring food and beverage aboard.
Are refreshments included?
Refreshments are not included in the pricing. Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drink.
Am I expected to tip the captain and crew?
Gratuity is not included in the price and while not required it is always greatly appreciated. Any tips provided are split between the captain and crew.
What is a bareboat charter?
- A bareboat charter is a vessel that is leased by the owner to another person (a “charterer”) for a period of time without a captain or crew;
- A bareboat charter is a vessel that is considered a recreational vessel and may not be subject to Passenger Vessel inspections by the United States Coast Guard;
- Once the charterer takes possession of the vessel, the charterer becomes entirely responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel and its passengers;
- The owner of the vessel is generally not responsible for any collision, personal injuries, and wages for the crew;
- The charterer is responsible for the vessel’s crew, fuel, insurance, any maintenance and repairs, and any liability associated with use and possession of the vessel;
- The charterer must have the option of selecting and paying crew and may discharge the master or any crew member without referral to the owner;
- The owner may require general levels of proficiency for the crew that is retained based on federal statutes; and Charterers and passengers are solely responsible for making sure they understand and agree to the terms of any bareboat charter agreement.