Planning a burial at sea checklist
Before booking an Ash Scattering Service:
- Find out how many guests you would like to have aboard the boat for the service
- Select a location you would like to depart from
- Get a consensus on what date and time your party will be available
- Select a company that is CFB certified and has coast guard certified vessels and captains
After booking a burial at sea ash scattering provider
- Be sure to have the Los Angeles Disposition of Human Remains Permit
- If desired, arrange a post burial at sea gathering
- Send out an invitation to those you wish to attend the service
- Decide if you would like to have the ashes lowered in a basket or placed in an decomposable urn
- Select who will lower the ashes. A family member or a member of the crew?
- Discuss with family what you would like to happen when the ashes are lowered. Do you want everyone to share a memory? Will someone say a prayer? Does everyone prefer to watch and say their goodbyes in silence?
- Decide if you would like to have memorial cards available at the burial at sea service
- Select and have any music that you would like to listen to prepared
- Arrange any food and beverage you would like on the boat for your guests
Burial at sea options
Let us help you with your choice
Send us the ashes and we will perform the burial at sea on your behalf.
Small groups 1 – 27 people
Are you looking to book a burial at sea for a group up to 27 people? Check the following yachts.
Large groups 28 – 400
Check out our fleet of large group vessels available to host burials at sea.