Planning a burial at sea checklist
Before booking an Ash Scattering Service:
- Find out how many guests you would like to have aboard the boat for the service
- Select a location you would like to depart from
- Get a consensus on what date and time your party will be available
- Select a company that is CFB certified and has coast guard certified vessels and captains
After booking a burial at sea ash scattering provider
- Be sure to have the Los Angeles Disposition of Human Remains Permit
- If desired, arrange a post burial at sea gathering
- Send out an invitation to those you wish to attend the service
- Decide if you would like to have the ashes lowered in a basket or placed in an decomposable urn
- Select who will lower the ashes. A family member or a member of the crew?
- Discuss with family what you would like to happen when the ashes are lowered. Do you want everyone to share a memory? Will someone say a prayer? Does everyone prefer to watch and say their goodbyes in silence?
- Decide if you would like to have memorial cards available at the burial at sea service
- Select and have any music that you would like to listen to prepared
- Arrange any food and beverage you would like on the boat for your guests