Burial at Sea Dove Releases
Let spirits fly free with a beautiful dove release service. The dove symbolizes peace, hope, and freedom. As the doves wings flutter into the sky, lose yourself in the serenity of the beautiful burial at sea. Dove releases are a beautiful way to end a burial at sea and Los Angeles Yacht Charter is happy to help families arrange doves so that everything is ready and prepared for them when they board.
How do dove releases work on a burial at sea?
When we arrive at the scattering location, families will have their service and the ashes will be lowered. Afterwards the doves will be brought to the area. The doves are then released, flying above the remains and flocking together and soaring in the sky. The timing of the release can of course always be customized to the families preference.
History of Dove Releases
Dove releases have been used for over 5,000 years. Egyptians started this beautiful practice and it spread across the world, adapting itself to a variety of cultures and eras. There is evidence of dove releases in ancient Greece, China, across the roman empire, and more. Each civilization has their own dove interpretation, but all highly respect this beacon of light that graces our skies.
Why do people have dove releases at burials at sea?
A dove release can mean different things to families during their service. As the dove is released and begins its journey to some it can feel like they are a part of their loved ones’ next “flight.” For others the doves are a beautiful way of releasing their grief and turning into a beautiful memory. For each group it’s different, and whether the dove release is symbolic or for aesthetic purposes the release is magical to watch and amazes all in attendance.
What do doves symbolize
Grace Peace, Love, Gentleness, Purity, Hope, Spirituality
Dove Meanings to different cultures
Doves are very important in spirituality. Many cultures and religions have dove elements that are important and symbolic. Some examples of doves meaning through a few cultures are as follows.
– Native Americans – While there are of course variations between tribes they were overall thought of as symbols of gentleness and peace. One Cheyenne proverb says “If a man is as wise as a serpent, he can afford to be as harmless as a dove.”
– Ancient Greeks – For the Greeks the dove was a symbol of love, renewal, and immortality.
– Christianity – One of the most prevalent references of the dove release is in the Bible, in the story of Noah. Today the dove continues to represent hope and eternal life.
– Chinese -In China the dove is an important symbol of peace, longevity, faithfulness, love, and the beginning of the spring season.
– Celtic – There is diversity between the Celtic tribes meanings, but overall the dove symbolizes peace and care for all living creatures
Official cremated remains disposer
Coast guard certified captains
Coast guard certified boats
What Our Clients Say
We chartered a yacht to Catalina through Los Angeles Yacht Charter for a burial at sea for my mother.
Whether you are looking for a burial at sea or something more fun, I can’t recommend this group highly enough.
Yesterday I had my father’s memorial service on one of their yachts.
They made the whole process very easy and stress-free. The crew were nice and respectful to all of my guests. I would use them again.